Friday, May 07, 2010

What is conservative American thinking?

To me conservative American thinking is saying "I don't want a dime of the money I earned to be taxed to support the poor and needy. If they are sick, injured, or stuggling with inherited disease, it's their problem, not mine."

My value has always been that people who are fortunately endowed with health, intelligence, good family upbringing, and good luck in business dealing should help out the unfortunate and deprived. It's a fact that there are people born poor and sick. Human society should lend a hand to where God has failed.

Compare to Scandinavia countries America is too big to form a sense of society. Immigration, ever changing technology, and traditional individualism all contributed to what America is today. "If I help others, will they help me when I need it?" "The weak need to be culled from the herd" These are all commonly seen on internet posts. Social fabric does not exist. It's every man for himself.

No comments: